Sunday, August 5, 2012

LighThing

I have driven whole summer with highbeams on, as low beams didn't work. As the front is lowered and with 6V electrics they don't really bother other drivers. Today I had some time to check what's wrong, and I found out that simply both bulbs had failed. I wondered that should I order some 6V yellow bulbs from DealExtreme, just for the fun of it. 12V unit are readily available on local part store, but 6V I haven't noticed anywhere else. I don't really think piss yellow light are that good looking, just that they would look apart from the usual. I was seeking a bulb holder from my box of electric stuff, as I noticed one was broken and fixed with a cable tie. What do I find, NOS Philips 6V yellow bulbs, what a coincidence. They went in immediately! Looks stupid, but apart form the others! At the same time I also noticed that high beam marker light on the Speedo didn't work as the cable was connected to anything, so now it works too!

No comments: